With or Without You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When applying to WOWY

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When applying to WOWY Empty When applying to WOWY Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:25 pm

cocolee

cocolee

It seems that several people are failing to be accepted, because of several reasons

WWS Reports
No UI screenshot
Not following the application template
Missing things out

As a DPS WWS are vital proving that you actually know what you are doing, but try to pick a fight that shows your full potential, like Hodir, which will show that you can move and dps, and stay alive... if you cant get a WWS report, then im sure a recount or skada will do, from a screenshot. As for tanks... hmmm, this still is applicable etc but not majorly, i personally would love to see a screenshot showing omen and you kicking out 12k tps, some tanks know how to tank, others have no clue, and in good gear they still only do 3k tps, which can be the difference between a wipe, and a progression kill.

UI screenshots are a complete must, this will show us what keybingings, what addons etc etc you use, when taking a ui shot, make sure that all your raid addons are loaded, eg, omen, ora2, grid, raid frames etc, so we can see what you would see when raiding.

How to take a screenshot, for those lazy enough out there not to google this, and just put 'i dont know how to do this, or i dont understand, same goes for wws reports' then thats a reason to be declined in the first place, if you cant be bothered to look up something as easy as this, then how can you be trusted to look up boss tactics, information on your own class... please use some initiative... heres how to do it...

1. press the Prt Sc button
2. open paint
3. press ctrl+v
4. save the image
5. make an account on photobucket.com or wherever
6. insert the link onto your application

Please follow the template, dont leave stuff out, if you cant be bothered to write stuff down, then tbh, why should we be bothered to read it, and try not to write using shortened words, or missing words out, and if your grasp of the english language isnt very strong, then get it spell checked before you press the send button, nothing hurts my eyes than seeing abbreviations, spelling mistakes, and using 2, instead of 'to', or 'two' or 'too'

Dont miss things out either, if the question is there, its there for a reason, when lulz wrote Screenshot of UI: THIS IS A MUST, we want to see your UI!' then imo, dont bother posting your app till its done, thats one of the first things we look at when a new application comes in, so see if its actually worth reading. Links/hyperlinks are a must, its the picture of a chain above button, this means that we can click the armoury, or ui picture with ease, and not have to copy and paste it, this shows you are thinking, and want to impress. Dont say, ill post things later, this gives the impression you arent prepared, why bother applying if your application is only 1/2 complete, wow thatll really give a good impression 'sorry i cant be bothered to complete my app, ill do it another time when i can be arsed, but please consider my application'...

Think to yourself why the questions are there, asking about your previous guilds... because we may ask people from there, as to why you left/were kicked and find out information on you should we be undecided, dont leave it as 'i transferred server' or 'i was in a raiding guild, and they didnt progress much' give more detail, how are we supposed to know that it wasnt YOU holding them back, cos you had shit dps, inability to tank, or couldnt heal urself in a blizzard storm.

Professions these are important to list, and give your reasons, eg, saying you have herbalism and mining as a dps, shows that you cant be bothered to progress to endgame raiding, these are a waste of time, and is of no benefit to your class whatsoever, so hopefully this will make you stop and think when applying, currently JC is the most OP profession still, and has the greatest benefits, so if you are a dps applying, make sure you have jc, enchanting, blacksmithing as one of your professions, skinning,mining,herbalism, are all professions that should be on farming characters, not your mains... (unless you're a tank for mining)

Check other guild applications out, see which ones failed, and why they failed, and look at the successfull ones, try to use those, go make a successfull app. Seriously though, miss shit out, cant be bothered to fill stuff in, not following templates, or give the application fitting of an 8 year old, then dont even bother to press the send button, save yourself the embarassment, and go apply to a scrub guild.

oh yeah, before i forget, try to log out in your pve gear if you have an application pending, simply put, make life easier for us, you are more likely to get in, make it a hard read, bits missing out, then even if ur made of pure win, you havent got a hope in hell of getting in.

2When applying to WOWY Empty Re: When applying to WOWY Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:31 pm

inzomnia

inzomnia

/bow

stickied.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]